Meece Mill no longer processes grits, flour and meal but has been preserved as a placid, creekside retreat. Nearly all of the original equipment is still in the mill. It was in operation in the 1800s, reconstructed in 1930 and then was in operation until about 1964. From Pickens, take 178 North approximately 3 miles. Turn left onto Gravely Road, go approximately 3 ½ miles to end of road. Turn right on Meece Mill Rd. Mill is ¼ mile on right.
Hours: Open by appointment. Also available for catered events.