North Main at Virginia Street
McCormick, SC 29835
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this mill is the only steam powered mill of its type in South Carolina and is only one of two existing mills anywhere than contains the original steam engines and milling equipment. Built in 1898 on land sold by Mrs. Cyrus McCormick, it was originally owned by McCormick Enterprise Ginnery Company. Originally a cottonseed oil mill, it was converted to a grist and flour mill in the 1920’s.
Hours: Open only by appointment. For more information, contact the McCormick County Chamber of Commerce, 100 South Main Street, McCormick, SC 29835. 864-852-2835. www.mccormickcountysc.com